Serving Oklahoma Since 1922
 

History

downtown Tulsa skyline 1925

When Murray R. Womble established his builders' hardware and supply company in Tulsa in 1922, he stated this company purpose: "To sincerely and honestly serve the building industry in such a manner as to accomplish complete, mutual confidence and satisfaction." Almost a century later, our purpose is the same. Technology may have advanced but service and integrity never go out of style. 

1922

The Murray R. Womble Company opens its doors in Tulsa, OK, selling commercial steel windows

1930s - 1940s

Growth of business statewide as various new product lines are added

1949

Second generation joins company when sons Gene Womble and David Womble are brought into business

1950s

Oklahoma City offices established at 121 NE 26th Street; Tulsa offices relocated to 216 E. 16th Street

1972

Company’s 50th anniversary celebration in Oklahoma City

1973

The Womble Company forms as a separate business entity under the leadership of David Womble

1974

Pella is acquired as a new product offering

1979

Third generation joins company when Steve Womble is brought in to learn the business as a service man

1982

New home of The Womble Company built at 537 E. Britton Road in Oklahoma City

1995

Company wins first of many national awards for Oustanding Customer Satisfaction from Pella Corporation

2006

OKC showroom expansion/renovation

2012

90th anniversary celebration at Tulsa office’s new location, 4340 S. Mingo